PROJECT FINANCE ASSISTANT
Reporting to the Special Project Manager the Project Finance Assistant position is responsible for assisting on day-to-day processing of Accounts Payable and Receivable, and other functions related to financial processing such as grant budget preparation and reporting and compilation of financial information as it pertains to the Mohawk Institute Residential School Phase Three Renovation Project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Day-to-day processing of finance tasks such as AP, AR, payroll, and other similar items.
- Special projects related to assistance with grants administration, updating Finance Policy, preparation of updated procedures, streamlining systems/processes, audit and other similar tasks.
- Assistance with archiving of project finance documentation, and preparation of Annual Report.
- Assistance with Mohawk Institute Residential School Phase Three Renovation Project fundraising planning.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A strong work ethic with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to perform well under pressure and to assess and prioritize workload.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive with the ability to problem solve and anticipate needs.
- Demonstrated professionalism and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Ability to embrace and champion change.
- Reliable and able to work independently.
- Ability to handle the public with tact, discretion, and with a pleasing personality.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bookkeeping certification or other financial management certification or equivalent 3 years of experience.
- Knowledge and experience with accounting software: Sage, ACCPAC, Quickbooks.
- Attention to detail, professionalism, confidentiality and strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with a range of standard Office software: Excel, Power Point and others.
- Must pass a police record check.
- Willingness to learn, accept change, and adapt to new ideas, business concepts, and cultures.
- Flexible (extra hours may be required on occasion).
IMPACT OF ERROR
Error in judgement may lead to loss of credibility, poor public relations, public confidence and misinformation resulting in embarrassment and potential liability to the Woodland Cultural Centre.
Woodland Cultural Centre serves to preserve and promote Indigenous history, art, language and culture.
Community Members, Contractors, Government Agencies, Council Members, Woodland Cultural Centre Staff, Tourism Partners, Maintenance Contractors, Business Partners, and Vendors.
- This position requires normal physical effort.
- This position requires normal visual/sensory effort.
- This position typically operates in a generally agreeable work environment.
- Mental Stress: There is regular deadline pressure from various sources.
Special Project Manager
All applicants for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references.
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous heritage.
Closing Date: September 10, 2021 at 4:00 pm
If interested, please send cover letter and resumé with references to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford, ON, N3S 2X2
- Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview
- Police Record Check and copies of education will be required at the time of Offer of Employment