Woodland Cultural Centre
Indigenous Art 2021
CALL FOR SUBMISSION
September 11 – November 20, 2021
Woodland Cultural Centre is pleased to announce return of the annual Indigenous Art 2021 Juried Exhibition.
Established in 1975, this is one of the longest running multi-media exhibitions that provide artists an opportunity to exhibit and sell their work in a fine art gallery setting. Artwork that challenges, celebrates and investigates is encouraged.
The exhibition will be presented both on-site and virtually with a downloadable PDF publication. Artist profiles will be made available through WCC website.
The invitation is open to all emerging, mid-career and established artists (18+) of Indigenous ancestry. Artists may submit up to three works of art. All media will be accepted and works must be original and completed within the last two years. A Guest Curator will adjudicate the submissions.
Type of Submissions
- Painting in any media (indicate oil, acrylic, watercolour, mixed media etc.)
- Drawings and prints including photographic in any media (indicate graphite, ink, coloured pencil, digital or silver photographic print etc.)
- Sculpture in any media (indicate ceramic, wood, stone, bone etc.)
- Installation (include plans, images, technical requirements and AV equipment)
- Traditionally based works (indicate glass bead, quill, leather etc.)
- Deadline for entry is Friday, August 6, 2021 by 4:00pm
- Notification for selected artwork will be sent by email by Friday, August 20, 2021
- Delivery of works must be received by Saturday, August 28, 2021
- Exhibition dates from September 11 – November 20, 2021
- Opening Reception Saturday, September 11, 2021 @ 2 pm [pending Covid restrictions, virtual]
- Pick-up of works begins week of Monday, November 29 – Saturday, December 18, 2020 [this includes both artist and purchaser]
Only up to THREE works of art can be submitted!
Download Submission Forms for More Information
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT IS FRIDAY AUGUST 6TH, 2021 BY 4PM