Published On: January 13, 2020Categories: Employment
Join our Team!
New Deadline for Applications: January 27th @ 4PM.
Under the guidance of the Woodland Cultural Centre Board of Directors, the Executive Director guides the strategic vision, mandate, mission and goals of the organization. As a local and national leader, the Executive Director will perform a wide range of complex management activities related to financial, governance, human resource management, community engagement, programme development, marketing/branding, advocacy and fundraising from both the public and private sectors.
The Executive Director will engage in a process of strategic planning and implementation in support of the mission, vision, mandate and goals of the Centre, and will ensure the Centre retains its leadership in all areas related to its Constitution.
The Executive Director will be visionary in fundraising, community engagement, and policy frameworks which will enable the Centre to achieve sustainability and leadership within a non-profit, charitable operational structure, while ensuring responsiveness to its primary stakeholder communities, partners and funders.
The Executive Director will lead the Centre into the important next phase of its history, building upon the foundational achievements of the past 47 years.
Overview of Responsibilities:
The Executive Director is responsible for the strategic operations of the WCC. This includes the day-to-day operations of the Museum/Gallery, the Mohawk Institute Historic Site, the Library/Archives, the Language programme and all other associated activities.
1) To work with the Centre’s Board of Directors to ensure a dynamic, forward-looking, vision, mission and goals for the Centre.
2) To create a progressive operational/management infrastructure in financial and human resource management, programme development, community engagement, marketing, education, collection management, museum and gallery exhibitions, historic site management, language resources and library and archives to operationalize the Centre’s strategic vision.
3) To advocate and fundraise with the public, private and corporate sectors with a view towards sustainability and growth of the Centre’s strategic goals.
4) To ensure responsibility and responsiveness to community stakeholders.
5) To ensure strategic short, medium and long term planning and financial supports.
6) To manage, motivate and develop a highly effective staff and volunteer team.
7) To develop and implement robust marketing, media and social media strategies to support the Centre’s activities and aspirations.
8) To demonstrate leadership within the Centre, locally and nationally on issues related to WCC mission.
The Executive Director shall have:
1) Respect, have knowledge and sensitivity to Indigenous Ontario and beyond; its culture, heritage, traditions, histories, aspirations, and protocols, and Woodland Cultural Centre goals and objectives.
2) Proven senior management leadership expertise developed over 5 years of experience and relevant academic qualifications such as Business Administration/Cultural Management and/or other related education.
3) A track record of strategic planning with achievable and proven results.
4) Progressive expertise in fundraising from the public, private and corporate sectors.
5) Demonstrated and innovative approaches to financial and resource management.
6) The ability to communicate effectively to a range of stakeholders both verbally and in written form.
7) Recognized success in overseeing the development of innovative educational frameworks.
8) Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills and the ability to facilitate a positive work environment that supports staff development and success.
As we near the end of September the Woodland Cultural Centre would like to say Niá:wen to those who have participated in our programming. We have limited spaces for this week! Contact email@example.com to register and see what’s available! Check here for upcoming events: woodlandculturalcentre.ca/upcoming-events/#OnHeritage #OntarioHistory #Indigenous #IndigenousVoices #IndigenousArt #IndigenousEvents #FirstNations #FN #IndigenousKnowledge #IndigenousCulture #BrantOnt #Brantford #BrantEvents #Giving ... See MoreSee Less