Posting Period: January 19 – February 3, 2023 @ 4:00p.m.
Position: Executive Director
Location: Woodland Cultural Centre
Job Status: Full Time Permanent
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours/week
Salary Range: $67,000 – $87,000/annum
Under the policy direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director shapes and oversees the vision, mission and mandate of the organization as per the Woodland Cultural Centre Constitution. The Executive Director establishes organizational priorities, ensures the highest level of financial oversight, administrative processes and procedures, sound staff management according to best practices and employment legislation. The Executive Director takes leadership in setting directions for policy development, fundraising, strategic planning, branding and marketing, community engagement, programming and relationships with support communities. The Executive Director will lead the important work around the Mohawk Institution restoration along with setting strategic leadership for a capital campaign.
The Executive Director leads and represents the Woodland Cultural Centre (WCC).
Duties and Responsibilities
The Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the development and implementation a strategic plan and related vision, mission, mandate in support of the WCC’s Constitution. The ED is responsible for the planning, financial, staff, site, and programme management flowing from the strategic goals. The ED ensures the effective management of the organization.
- Education related to arts/cultural management, business management, public administration, or museum studies and 5 years of senior administration.
- Proven ability to develop and implement a strategic planning process.
- Senior knowledge of financial management systems, industry policies and practices.
- Extensive knowledge of human resource legislation and staff management best practices.
- A track record of strategic approaches with proven results related to fundraising (private and public sector).
- Senior level experience working with a Board of Directors and community stakeholders.
All applicants for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references. Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous heritage. Closing Date: February 3, 2023 at 4:00 pm.
If interested, please send cover letter and resumé with references to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford, ON, N3S 2X2
• Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview
• Police Record Check and copies of education will be required at the time of Offer of Employment