Employment Opportunity -Manager of Operations
The Manager of Operations has oversight over Administration, Maintenance, and Visitor Services, to ensure core support services are in place and in compliance with industry standards, policy, procedure and systems, timelines and best practices. The Manager will work with the departmental teams to keep current on best practices and develop processes to ensure the seamless operations of the WCC.
The Manager of Operations assist the Executive Director (ED) by:
- monitoring monthly financial reports, and forecasting to ensure resources are allocated appropriately
- ensuring a responsive annual planning/budgeting cycle, and process for strategic planning
- ensuring timely communications and management of meetings of the Board of Directors
- assisting with special projects related to restoration to ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place
- Knowledge and experience with annual planning, budget preparation, site management, and museum best practices acquired through a business degree or equivalent 3 years of experience.
- Knowledge and experience with creating systems, policies and procedure to facilitate workflow, accountability and to meet the need of an evolving organization.
- Attention to detail, professionalism, confidentiality and strong communication and interpersonal skills and experience in staff management.
- Experience and advanced knowledge of a range of standard Office software: Excel, Power Point etc.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, and is solutions oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to analyze needs.
- Possession of a clear Police Records and Vulnerable Sector check or willingness to obtain
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous heritage.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants shall submit a cover letter, current CV or Resume, proof of qualifications and three references by 4 pm Friday March 13, 2020 to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
Attn: WCC Executive Director
184 Mohawk Street Brantford ON N3S 2X2
Download Full Job Description and Salary Information Here
Want to see the other employment opportunities at Woodland Cultural Centre?