Please note this position has been filled
Check out other opportunities at the Woodland Cultural Centre HERE
Community Outreach and Fundraising Assistant
The Woodland Cultural Centre is seeking a student to assist in Community Outreach, Fundraising, and Administrative organization at the Centre. This position requires a highly motivated individual who is interested in gaining experience in community engagement, partnership development, fundraising strategy, social media marketing, and administration. This position works directly with the Outreach and Administrative Coordinators.
Please note this position is available for an immediate start date.
This is an 8-week position with the possibility of a contract extension until August 30th.
Wages: $14.00/hour, 35 hours per week
Overview of Duties:
• Assist in all stages of fundraising endeavors, including off-site activities
• Assist the Outreach Coordinator in developing a database and expanding our community partnerships
• Assist the Administrative Coordinator in filing, and organizing the Google Drive
• Assist in the planning and implementation of a fundraising Social Media and Marketing strategy
• Assist in preparations for Orange Shirt Day and our upcoming Survivors Gathering
• Occasional front desk reception, welcoming guests as they come in and using the POS
• Be familiar with the Centre’s programs and upcoming events
• Promote a positive image of Woodland Cultural Centre to the community and the public
• Interest in helping the Woodland Cultural Centre develop and expand community partnerships
• Knowledge of relevant computer software (emphasis on Microsoft Office and Google Drive)
• Good organizational skills, and willing to learn in an office environment
• Effective verbal and listening communication skills
• Time management skills, and completion of assigned projects
• Able to work as a team as well as independently
• Experience working on a fundraising campaign would be considered an asset
• A full G licence with reliable access to a vehicle would be considered an asset
• Knowledge of one or more Indigenous Languages would be considered an asset
• Applicants MUST be returning to full-time education in September and be under the age of 30
All applicants for this position should submit a current CV or resume, cover letter, and two references.
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous ancestry.
If interested, please send cover letter and resumé with references immediately to:
Woodland Cultural Centre, 184 Mohawk Street, Brantford, ON N3S 2X2
Attn: Stephanie Pile, Projects Coordinator
(519) 759-2650 firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted