This position has been filled
The Woodland Cultural Centre is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant. Under the direction of the Executive Director and the Manager of Operations, the Administrative Assistant assumes the responsibilities for administrative duties including but not limited to: coordination and scheduling of meetings for Executive office, organization and filing of documents and records, maintaining up-to-date department statistics, reports, and records, taking meeting minutes, proofreading and copyediting, aiding with preparation of submissions to funding bodies, assisting with Board meeting preparation including printing and copying, and other general admin duties.
• Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
• Ability to multitask, set priorities and meet tight deadlines
• Time management skills, and completion of assigned projects
• Possess knowledge and understanding of Indigenous people, their culture, history and traditions, especially in Ontario
• Possess a knowledge of the Woodland Cultural Centre’s mandate, programs, services and resources
• Confidentiality is mandatory in this position
The Administrative Assistant’s regular hours are from 9-4:30, Monday to Friday.
All applicants for this position should submit a cover letter, a current resume, and three references by 4 pm November 15th, 2019.
NOTE: The successful applicant must qualify and be approved for Training on the Job funding through Grand River Employment and Training (GREAT) in order to receive an offer of employment.
If interested, please send cover letter and resumé with references by 4 pm November 15th, 2019 to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street
Brantford, ON N3S 2X2
Attn: Andrea Nechita
Manager of Operations
Note: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.