Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Marketing Coordinator assumes the responsibilities for developing and implementing strategies for raising the organizational profile of the centre by managing digital marketing and website updates, and creating event-specific content and plans across all platforms including online, print, video, radio, and social media. The Marketing Coordinator will take the lead on liaising with outside contractors to ensure consistency of the WCC brand identity and creating strategies for reaching the broadest possible public.
Overview of Responsibilities:
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the development and implementation of marketing, media, social media and community engagement campaigns which support the WCC as a leader in the field of Indigenous cultural education and programming (including exhibitions, artistic events and performances).
• Develops and implements robust marketing, media and social media strategies to support the Centre’s activities and aspirations.
• Ensures a consistent brand awareness and reputation on all media platforms (web, print, video, radio, social media).
• Creates marketing, media, social media and community engagement campaigns with clear objectives and analysis of performance of channels, campaigns, and programs on a regular basis.
• Work collaboratively with the WCC staff to ensure marketing priorities are embedded in all aspects of WCC activities as a cultural centre.
• Manages and maintains promotional materials inventory.
• Creates content for website, email campaigns, e-newsletter, social media, and other platforms and designs a content plan and schedule.
• Coordinates with design, print, and other suppliers.
• Develops partnerships to further the WCC profile and objectives.
• Ensures timely and impactful communications related to WCC.
• Proofreads all communication materials for spelling, grammatical and typographical errors, and checks that all elements are correct and factual.
• Creation of marketing reports to be reviewed by the Board of Directors.
The Marketing Coordinator shall have:
• Education in marketing with a minimum of 3 years experience.
• Proven ability to develop and implement marketing projects and campaigns.
• A track record of strategic approaches with proven results.
• Ability to work with software and online tools including: WordPress, Microsoft and Google applications, email delivery and management platforms (MailChimp), and social media platforms.
• Strong creative copywriting skills with a commitment to quality and detail.
• Experience in fundraising in the public and/or private sectors.
• The ability to manage projects, finances, timelines, deliverables and staff teams.
• High degree of professionalism with outstanding ability to work effectively and efficiently with colleagues at all levels of management.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and meet tight deadlines.
• Graphic design skills and proficiency with Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign an asset.