Job Opportunity at Woodland Cultural Centre
Posting Period: July 30 – August 12, 2020 @ 4:30p.m.
Location: Woodland Cultural Centre, Brantford, ON
Job Status: Contract till March 31, 2021
Hours of Work: 40
Reporting to the Manager of Operations, the Custodian will perform custodial duties, including dusting, mopping, finishing and buffing floors, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, cleaning and restocking restrooms. The Custodian will work within the policies and procedures established by the Woodland Cultural Centre.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs general, routine custodial duties, to include dusting, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, and restocking paper and soap supplies.
- Performs routine maintenance to custodial equipment and supplies.
- Empties trash receptacles, disposes trash into compactors and/or dumpsters, and bags trash for proper disposal.
- Unlocks doors, ensuring doors are locked after cleaning areas.
- Reports needs and concerns to appropriate staff, which may include submitting or recommending work orders and checking supply levels.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Assists in on-the-job training of new staff on routine procedures.
- Performs cleaning functions specific to the assigned facilities and/or based on seasonal/project requirements.
- May provide vendors with access to areas for cleaning and may answer basic questions. May report issues with vendors to supervisor.
- May assist or perform snow removal activities and minor maintenance, such as replacing light bulbs, adjusting furniture, or other similar activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
***For a full description of the Essential Duties & Responsibilities and Education/Experience, please refer to attached Job Description for further details***
Download Job Description Here
All applicants for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references.
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous heritage.
Closing Date: August 12th, 2020 at 4:30 pm
If interested, please send cover letter and resumé with references to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford, ON, N3S 2X2
Manager of Operations
- Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview
- Police Record Check and copies of education will be required at the time of Offer of Employment