[Attention Artists: All Dates have been postponed for this Exhibition. We are looking at Digital Submission options]
Woodland Cultural Centre is pleased to announce the national Call for Entry to the Annual Indigenous Art 2020 Juried Exhibition.
Established in 1975, this is one of the longest running multi-disciplinary exhibitions that provide artists an opportunity to exhibit and sell their work in a fine art gallery setting. The invitation is open to all emerging, mid-career and established artists (18+) of Indigenous ancestry to submit up to three works of art. All media will be accepted, and works must be original and completed within the last two years. Artwork that challenges, celebrates and innovates is encouraged.
The exhibition will be presented with a publication at the Woodland Cultural Centre May 23-August 16, 2020.
Requirements for submissions will consist of RECENT (1-2 year) works by artists (18+) of Native ancestry and will be juried by: Patricia Deadman Curator, WCC and guest curator, to be confirmed.
Who do you know who should submit for Indigenous Art 2020 this year?
*Please Note Dates are Subject to Change*
- Deadline for entry is Friday, April 17, 2020 by 4:00pm – POSTPONED
- Notification for selected artwork will be sent by email by Friday, April 24, 2020 – POSTPONED
- Pick-up of work that is not selected begins Monday, April 27, 2020 – POSTPONED
- Opening reception Saturday, May 23, 2020 @ 2 pm – POSTPONED
- Pick-up of works begins Monday, August 24-Sept 5, 2020 – POSTPONED
What Types of Classes of Work Will Be Accepted?
- Painting in any media (indicate oil, acrylic, watercolour, mixed media etc.)
- Drawings and prints including photographic in any media (indicate graphite, ink, coloured pencil, digital or silver photographic print etc.)
- Sculpture in any media (indicate ceramic, wood, stone, bone etc.)
- Installation (include plans, images, technical requirements and AV equipment)
- Traditionally based works (indicate glass bead, quill, leather etc.)
Only up to THREE works may be submitted
[ ] Have you clearly labeled all submissions according to the guidelines?
[ ] Have you submitted all required materials listed?
[ ] Have you completed the Artist Information & ID labels in full?
[ ] Have you included your current biography?
[ ] Do you wish to have your contact information shared on our website?
[ ] Have you downloaded and read the guidelines and conditions?
Download Entry Form Here
Please help us share this out with Indigenous Artists that you know and make sure they submit their work for this year’s Exhibition!