Weekend Visitor Services
Location: Woodland Cultural Centre
Wages: $18 per hour; (7 hours per day/per week)
Application Deadline: Until filled
The Woodland Cultural Centre is seeking a dynamic individual with exceptional customer service skills to greet visitors and provide them with information regarding the Centre, gift shop and its activities. This individual should be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Responsible for greeting visitors and keeping visitor statistics.
- Provide information to visitors regarding the museum and exhibitions on display.
- Use the museum POS system to collect payments for museum admissions and gift shop sales, and conduct day-end accounting.
- Answer the telephone and provide information to the caller, or route calls to the appropriate staff member and place out-going calls.
- Assist the Visitor Services Coordinator with various tasks regarding the museum reception area.
- Promote a favourable image of the Centre at all times
- Must have experience working in public relations and customer service
- Must have experience working retail and handling transactions with a POS system and managing inventory
- Must possess a thorough understanding of Indigenous cultures, histories and traditions, specifically within southwestern Ontario.
- Must have reliable transport to and from the Centre. and a way to be reached in case of emergency
Physical Requirements: The Weekend Visitor Services position is heavy in office work, however there are times when heavy lifting is required. This would be in the range of boxes of books that would be 25lbs or less.
All applicants for this position are required to submit:
- Cover letter
- CV or resume
- Three references
If interested, please application to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford, ON, N3S 2X2
Download full job description here