Location: Woodland Cultural Centre
Duration: September 6, 2022 – Dec 23, 2022
Wages: $18 per hour; 35 hours per week (7 hours per day, 5 days per week)
Application Deadline: Tuesday August 30, 2022, by 4pm
Under the direction of the Librarian, assumes responsibility for the organizing of the library’s vertical files, cataloguing and processing materials related to the history, language, artistic practices and teachings of the Haudenosaunee culture and other First Nations of North America.
- The Library Assistant is responsible for working within the strategic operations of the Woodland Cultural Centre Research Library. This includes:
- Program Administrative
- Program Delivery
- Assist with organizing the library’s vertical files
- Catalogue library materials on the WCC online catalogue
- Process library materials for public access
- Networking, partnerships, collaboration
- Work with other WCC departments, researchers, and Residential School Survivors
Physical Requirements: The Library Assistant position is heavy in office work, however there are times when heavy lifting is required. This would be in the range of boxes of books that would be 25lbs or less.
All applicants for this position are required to submit:
- Cover letter
- CV or resume
- Three references
Applicants must be 17 – 29 year old Indigenous youth to qualify for the funding of this position.
If interested, please application to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford, ON, N3S 2X2
Download full job description here