Education Assistant and Tour Coordinator
Location: Woodland Cultural Centre
Job Status: Contract
Hours of Work: 37.5 hr/week
Application Deadline: Until filled
Under the direction of the Manager of Education, the Education Assistant & Tour Coordinator assumes responsibility for all tour booking requests, scheduling, conducting tours and administrative work necessary for organizing tours and workshops for visitors to the Woodland Cultural Centre in an efficient manner. The Education Assistant & Tour Coordinator will work within the policies and procedures established by the Woodland Cultural Centre.
- Handles all booking requests, scheduling and confirmation of tours, workshops and presentations.
- Acting as the main point of contact between the Woodland Cultural Centre and the booking group contact.
- Informs Cultural Interpreters of scheduling changes.
- Assists in preparing of workshop materials when needed.
- Be ready and able to assist Cultural Interpreters in Education Department workshops.
- Conducts tours (in-person and virtual) to groups on the Museum and Mohawk Institute.
- Manages invoices for Education.
- Works with the Finance Department to process payments.
- Keeps Tour Calendar up-to-date.
- Maintaining up-to-date Education statistics as well as Education budget.
- Other office administration duties as needed
Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview. Police Record Check and copies of education will be required at the time of Offer of Employment.
All applicants for this position are required to submit:
- Cover letter
- Three references
All applicants for this position should submit a complete application. Applications which are missing any of the necessary documents as listed in the job posting will be considered incomplete. Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous heritage. The Woodland Cultural Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If interested, please application to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford, ON, N3S 2X2
Download full job description here