Welcome back to the Woodland Cultural Centre! We are ecstatic to be able to reopen the doors to our Museum and Art Galleries to the public. New protocols have been implemented to protect all visitors and staff, following the government guidelines (Six Nations-Phase II).
NEW SAFETY MEASURES
The continued health and safety of our visitors and staff is our top priority. Woodland Cultural Centre will maintain strict social distancing protocols limiting building capacity within the museum and galleries to an occupancy level of ten (10) allowing employees and visitors to keep a physical distance of at least two (2) metres, except for brief exchanges.
The following steps will be enforced under public health orders:
For the safety of all staff and visitors, we will be utilizing a timed-entry ticketing system. Please book your ticket online in advance before visiting the Centre. We are limiting the number of people in the Museum/Gallery at any one time to allow for physical distancing which means you do not need to stand in line. Your entry time will be specified, so please ensure that you are on time. Once you are inside, you may enjoy the Museum and Gallery for one hour.
Upon arrival, employees and visitors must complete an assessment questionnaire. WCC supports public health efforts to assist with contact tracing, and is committed to protecting the privacy of everyone entering the building and will only retain personal information for so long as is necessary. Everyone is to follow all health and safety procedures, including wearing masks, and staying two (2) metres apart. Any staff or visitors who are feeling unwell will not be permitted entrance.
Touchless payment (i.e. credit and debit cards) is preferred over cash
Plexi-glass barriers at Reception DeskPlease leave backpacks and large bags at home
There will be no guided tours, only self-guided tours
Please wait your turn. There are a limited number of visitors allowed inside the Museum and Art Galleries at all times. Follow the social distancing markers
• Visitors are required to wear masks during the entire visit*. Masks available on site for a nominal charge if you forget to bring your own
• Do not gather in groups; please keep your “social circle” to a maximum of 4 people
• We ask that all visitors sanitize their hands upon entry. Hand-sanitation stations are located throughout the museum and galleries.
• Stringent cleaning practices and schedules have increased. High traffic areas are cleaned and disinfected multiple times daily
• Employees and visitors must self-screen before visiting the Woodland Cultural Centre
• Don’t visit the Woodland Cultural Centre if you feel unwell
Public Spaces & Onsite Cleaning
• Follow directional arrows and signage for entering and exiting the building and in gallery spaces and hallways to maintain social distancing and prevent congestion
• No coat check or locker rentals will be allowed
• No seating will be in the museum or galleries
• Washrooms have frequent sanitization and are restricted to 2 individuals at a time
• Personal water bottles with locking lids and baby bottles are permitted in the museum and galleries. Please be careful around the art. Beverages and snacks are not available for purchase.
Book your Ticket
Please book your ticket online or by phone in advance to your visit. Call Visitor Services: 519.759.2650 or, register for your admission tickets from our website https://woodlandculturalcentre.ca/admission where you will be given a specific time for entry.
Walk-in visitors will be accommodated on a first come first served basis and as space allows.
In an effort to reduce physical contact, download our visitor guide and a map of the museum and galleries!
Tuesday to Friday 10 am – 3 pm, Saturday 10 am – 4 pm, Sunday closed.
The first hour, from 10 am to 11 am, is reserved for individuals who are deemed vulnerable.
*All visitors over 2 years of age are required to wear a mask or face covering while visiting the Woodland Cultural Centre. We ask that all our visitors help us keep everyone healthy and safe by wearing a mask or face covering while visiting the Centre. If it is not possible for you to wear a mask / face covering or a face shield due to a pre-existing health condition, or due to any other reasons protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code, please email our Visitor Services Coordinator -firstname.lastname@example.org – in advance of your visit and we will attempt to accommodate you wherever possible.
As we near the end of September the Woodland Cultural Centre would like to say Niá:wen to those who have participated in our programming. We have limited spaces for this week! Contact email@example.com to register and see what’s available! Check here for upcoming events: woodlandculturalcentre.ca/upcoming-events/#OnHeritage #OntarioHistory #Indigenous #IndigenousVoices #IndigenousArt #IndigenousEvents #FirstNations #FN #IndigenousKnowledge #IndigenousCulture #BrantOnt #Brantford #BrantEvents #Giving ... See MoreSee Less