Summer Employment Opportunity: Marketing & Photography Assistant
The Woodland Cultural Centre is seeking a student to assist in Marketing, and to help create visual support materials for a number of different projects and events. This position requires a highly motivated and self-directed individual who is interested in gaining experience in marketing, the creation of visual support materials, social media marketing, basic administration, and in expanding their photography portfolio. This position is supervised by the Marketing Coordinator.
- Attend all Woodland events and provide photography
- Take photos of all Education activities and programming to expand our online presence
- Help increase Woodland stock photography
- Assist the Marketing Coordinator with other duties, including administrative duties, the creation of marketing materials, and the creation and implementation of online and social media content
- Assist in the implementation of the Marketing Event Campaign
- Occasional front desk reception, welcoming guests as they come in and using the POS
- Promote a positive image of Woodland Cultural Centre to the community and the public
- Assist in the documentation of Survivor Interviews, Audios and Videos
- Good organizational skills, and willingness to learn in an office environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Time management skills, and completion of assigned projects
- Able to work as a team as well as independently
- Knowledge and experience in photography
- Knowledge of relevant computer software (Adobe Spark, Elements, and Microsoft Office)
- Artistic skills and creativity
Applicants must qualify for GREAT summer student funding to be qualified for the position.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants shall submit a cover letter, resume, and two references by 4 pm Tuesday April 14th, 2020 to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford ON N3S 2X2