Summer Employment Opportunity: Library Assistant (Deadline Extension) – Position Open Immediately
Under the direction of the Librarian, assumes responsibility for the unpacking and organizing of the library, cataloguing and processing materials related to the history, language, artistic practices and teachings of the Haudenosaunee culture and other First Nations of North America.
The Library Assistant is responsible for working within the strategic operations of the Woodland Cultural Centre Research Library. This includes:
- Program Administrative
- Attend staff meetings
- Program Delivery
- Assist with unpacking and organizing library materials from storage
- Catalogue library materials on the WCC online catalogue
- Process library materials for public access
- Networking, partnerships, collaboration
- Work with other WCC departments, researchers, and Residential School Survivors
- Possess knowledge and understanding of Indigenous people, their culture, history and traditions, especially in Ontario
- Possess knowledge of group safety and dynamics
- Possess knowledge of the WCC’s mandate, programs, services and resources
- The Library Assistant position is heavy in office work, however there are times when heavy lifting is required. This would be in the range of boxes of books that would be 25lbs or less.
Applicants must qualify for GREAT summer student funding to be qualified for the position.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants shall submit a cover letter, resume, and two references by to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford ON N3S 2X2