Summer Employment Opportunity: Arts Programming Assistant
The Woodland Culture Centre offers an opportunity for an individual to assist in various artistic programming initiatives. This position requires a highly motivated student who is interested in working within the public arts sector, assisting with exhibitions and special events offered at the museum. Particular emphasis will be placed on arts program planning, including preparation for exhibitions and special events at the Woodland Cultural Centre.
- Collection care and handling of art
- Assist with maintaining exhibition areas
- Attend any/all relevant training sessions
- Basic administration duties as required
- Research as it relates to arts collection
- Any other museum duties as they arise
- Oral and written communication skills
- Computer literate
- Interest in the contemporary arts, arts administration, museum studies, heritage, history, culture, tourism and/or education
- Self-motivated, highly independent, and organizational skills a must
- Demonstrated research skill
- Knowledge of a Haudenosaunee language an asset
The Arts Programming Assistant position will be heavy in office work, however, there will be times when the Assistant will need to assist in gallery preparation and event set-up.
Applicants must qualify for GREAT summer student funding to be qualified for the position.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants shall submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford ON N3S 2X2