Posting Period: March 2, 2021 – March 19, 2021 @ 4:00p.m.
Position: Marketing & Programming Supervisor
Location: Woodland Cultural Centre
Job Status: Full-Time Permanent
Hours of Work: 37.5
Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000/annum
Reporting to the Curator, the Marketing & Programming Supervisor will manage the marketing and public programming for the Woodland Cultural Centre. The Marketing & Programming Supervisor will take the lead on marketing initiatives and public programming development, and event planning, liaise with the local arts & cultural institutions, train summer students and interns, and look for opportunities to expand and improve the visitor experience. The Marketing & Programming Supervisor will work within the policies and procedures established by the Woodland Cultural Centre.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Executive Director by leading the marketing initiatives and public programming development.
- Hire, train, and supervise summer students and interns, ensuring customer service and the visitor experience is positive and staff understand the history and culture of the community.
- Implement the marketing plan/strategies aimed at increasing traffic to the Centre and its events
- Update and create content for the website and all of the social media sites
- Coordinate graphic design jobs with 3rd party contractor
- Coordinate all video and photos with 3rd party contractor
- Assist in the maintenance of partnerships and relationships with local arts and cultural institutions
- Research, identify, secure and preserve new or relevant public programming.
- Assist in installing permanent and temporary thematic exhibits.
- Implement public programming
- Assist with grant proposals, employment incentives, and requests for funding proposals.
- Assist with planning and operations of special events
- Creation of marketing reports to be reviewed by the Board of Directors.
- Perform other administrative duties as required
***For a full description of the Essential Duties & Responsibilities and Education/Experience, please refer to the attached Job Description for further details***
Download the Full Job Description here
All applicants for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references.
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous heritage.
Closing Date: March 19, 2021, at 4:00 pm
If interested, please send a cover letter and resumé with references to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford, ON, N3S 2X2
- Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview
- Police Record Check and copies of education will be required at the time of Offer of Employment