Join our Team!
Manager of Education
Location: Woodland Cultural Centre
Salary: $50,000 – 60,000/year
Deadline: March 15 @ 4:00 PM
- Manage the daily operation of the Education team. Responsible for the hiring, training, supervision and evaluation of the directly reporting positions (full and part-time). Ensure compliance with Woodland policies and practices including the departmental child protection protocols.
- Develop strategy and operational plans, implement delivery, manage budgets, and maintain financial control and reporting for programs, projects, and activities within the team. Work with team and leadership to ensure that revenue and attendance targets are met. Develop strategies and plans for virtual and in-person learning experiences for teachers and students.
- With the Executive Director, lead the review of existing educational resources and the development of new learning assets in accordance with Woodland’s strategic plan objectives.
- Work closely with various managers and managing directors of various teams to ensure that departmental activities are efficiently coordinated. Liaise with external departments, contractors, and consultants to ensure that Learning programs are properly supported.
- Develop school offerings in keeping with provincial curriculum, working with stakeholders such as the Ministry of Education and Ontario School Boards. Ensure quality of delivery of education programs and appeal of programs to teachers, students and the general public.
- Work with Visitor Services and Marketing to effectively promote the education department.
- University degree in Indigenous Studies, Education, Social Science, Cultural Studies, Museum Studies OR an acceptable equivalent in education and experience. An Ontario Teaching Certificate would be an asset.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in managing hands-on or interactive learning experiences
- A proven ability to manage programs or teams with a budget.
- Experience in educational design for vulnerable learners is a strong asset