JOB POSTING: Weekend Custodian
Posting Period: September 10 – September 23, 2020 @ 4:30p.m.
Position: Weekend Custodian, Part Time
Location: Woodland Cultural Centre
Job Status: Contract until March 31, 2021
Hours of Work: 14 Hours per week, Saturdays & Sundays, 10 am to 5 pm
Some evenings and holidays required for special public events
Reporting to the Manager of Operations, the Weekend Custodian will perform custodial duties, including dusting, mopping, finishing and buffing floors, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, cleaning and restocking restrooms. The Custodian will work within the policies and procedures established by the Woodland Cultural Centre.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs general, routine custodial duties, to include dusting, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, and restocking paper and soap supplies.
- Performs routine maintenance to custodial equipment and supplies.
- Empties trash receptacles, disposes trash into compactors and/or dumpsters, and bags trash for proper disposal.
- Unlocks doors, ensuring doors are locked after cleaning areas.
- Reports needs and concerns to appropriate staff, which may include submitting or recommending work orders and checking supply levels.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs cleaning functions specific to the assigned facilities and/or based on seasonal/project requirements.
- May assist or perform snow removal activities and minor maintenance, such as replacing light bulbs, adjusting furniture, or other similar activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds.
All applicants for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references.
Applications which are missing a cover letter or references will be considered incomplete.
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous heritage.
Closing Date: September 23rd, 2020 at 4:30 pm
If interested, please send cover letter and resumé with references to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford, ON, N3S 2X2
Manager of Operations
- Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview
- Police Record Check and copies of education will be required at the time of Offer of Employment
Download Full Job Description Here