Job Posting: Weekend Custodian, Part Time
Location: Woodland Cultural Centre
Salary: $15-16.78 per hour depending on experience
Job Status: Permanent, part time
Hours of Work: 14 Hours a Week, Saturday & Sunday 10am – 5pm
Deadline: Aug 13th, 2021 at 4:00 pm
Reporting to the Building and Grounds Maintenance, the Weekend Custodian will perform custodial duties, including disinfecting, dusting, mopping, finishing and buffing floors, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, cleaning and restocking restrooms. The Custodian will work within the policies and procedures established by the Woodland Cultural Centre.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs general, routine custodial duties, to include disinfecting, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, and restocking paper and soap supplies.
- Performs routine maintenance to custodial equipment and supplies.
- Empties trash receptacles, disposes trash into compactors and/or dumpsters, and bags trash for proper disposal.
- Unlocks the museum building in the morning and ensures the museum is locked up at the end of day. Ensures locked doors are locked after cleaning areas.
- Reports needs and concerns to appropriate staff, which may include submitting or recommending work orders and checking supply levels.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs cleaning functions specific to the assigned facilities and/or based on seasonal/project requirements.
- May assist or perform snow removal, lawn mowing, and minor maintenance, such as replacing light bulbs, adjusting furniture, or other similar activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds.
All applicants for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references.
All applicants for this position should submit a complete application. Applications which are missing any of the necessary documents as listed will be considered incomplete.
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous heritage.
The Woodland Cultural Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Closing Date: August 13th, 2021 at 4:30 pm
If interested, please send cover letter and resumé with references to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford, ON, N3S 2X2
(519) 759-2650 firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview
Police Record Check will be required at the time of Offer of Employment