Job Posting: Visitor Special Project Assistant (One Month Contract)
Location: Woodland Cultural Centre
Position: Visitor Special Project Assistant ((One Month Contract)
Hours: 9 am to 4:30 pm, Mondays to Fridays
Lenght: August 23rd to September 17th 2021
Rate: $16.00 per hour
Posting Period: August 5th to August 16th 2021
The Woodland Cultural Centre is seeking a dynamic individual for a one-month contract position as Visitor Special Project Assistant. We are looking for someone with exceptional organizational and customer service skills to assist our Visitor Services Coordinator with administrative tasks including greeting visitors, collecting
payments, answering questions, and helping with ecommerce activities.
Basic Job Description:
- Responsible for greeting visitors and keeping visitor statistics.
- Use the museum POS system to collect payments for museum admissions and gift shop sales.
- Answer the telephone and provide information to the caller, or route calls to the appropriate staffmember and place out-going calls.
- Promote a favourable image of the Centre at all timesQualifications
- Must have experience working in public relations and customer service
- Must have experience working retail and handling transactions with a POS system and managinginventory
- Must possess an understanding of Indigenous cultures, histories and traditions
- Must have reliable transport to and from the centre, and a way to be reached in case of emergency
If interested, please send cover letter, 3 references and resumé to:
Woodland Cultural Centre 184 Mohawk Street
Brantford, ON N3S 2X2 519-759-2650 firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants for this position should submit a complete application. Applications which are missing any of the necessary documents as listed in the job posting will be considered incomplete. Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous heritage. The Woodland Cultural Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.