SPECIAL PROJECT MANAGER
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Special Project Manager will be responsible for the oversight and coordination of the Mohawk Institute Residential School Phase Three Renovation Project. The candidate must possess exceptional communication, organizational, and multi-tasking skills. The chosen candidate will serve as a first point of contact for all contractors and stakeholders connected with the project.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead project planning sessions
- Coordinate staff and internal resources
- Manage project progress and adapt work as required
- Ensure project meet deadlines
- Manage relationships with Council and stakeholders
- Design and sign off on contracts
- Oversee all incoming and outgoing project documentation
- Participate in tender process i.e. design, submission and review
- Design risk mitigation plan
- Conduct project review and creating detailed reports for executive staff
- Optimize and improving processes and the overall approach where necessary
- Manage large and diverse teams
- Coordinate with Marketing & Programming Supervisor to provide project updates to media
- Manage budget and track related expenses
- Complete project grant interim and final reports
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A strong work ethic with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to perform well under pressure and to assess and prioritize workload.
- Proactive with the ability to problem solve and anticipate needs.
- Demonstrated professionalism and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
- Ability to embrace and champion change.
- Reliable and able to work independently.
- Ability to handle the public with tact, discretion, and with a pleasing personality.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Solid experience in planning, cost estimating, scheduling, cost controls, administration and contract management.
- A Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree in Project Management, Marketing or a Finance related business field and seven (7) years’ work-related experience in Senior Management;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of budgeting principles and processes.
- Management skills relating to working with contractors and sub-contractors
- Exceptional organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task with multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, iCloud, and Accounting software.
- Effective planning for prioritizing work activities and anticipating shifts in priorities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels within and outside the organization.
- Willingness to learn, accept change, and adapt to new ideas, business concepts, and cultures.
- Must pass a police record check.
- Flexible (extra hours may be required on occasion).
IMPACT OF ERROR
Error in judgement may lead to loss of credibility, poor public relations, public confidence and misinformation resulting in embarrassment and potential liability to the Woodland Cultural Centre.
Woodland Cultural Centre serves to preserve and promote Indigenous history, art, language and culture.
Community Members, Contractors, Government Agencies, Council Members and Stakeholders, WCC Staff, Tourism Partners, Business Partners, and Vendors.
- This position requires normal physical effort.
- This position requires normal visual/sensory effort.
- This position typically operates in a generally agreeable work environment.
- Mental Stress: There is regular deadline pressure from various sources.
- Mental Stress: This position involves dealing with sensitive and emotionally difficult subject matters.
Budgets/ Financial reporting
All applicants for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references.
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous heritage.
Closing Date: September 3, 2021 at 4:00 pm
If interested, please send cover letter and resumé with references to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford, ON, N3S 2X2
- Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview
- Police Record Check and copies of education will be required at the time of Offer of Employment