PROJECT ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Reporting to the Special Project Manager the Project Administrative Assistant will perform various administrative functions for the coordination of the Mohawk Institute Residential School Phase Three Renovation Project (2021-2024). The candidate must possess exceptional communication, organizational, and multi-tasking skills. The chosen candidate will serve as the first point of contact for the Special Project Manager and work within the policies and procedures established by the Woodland Cultural Centre.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintaining up-to-date Project statistics, reports, and records.
- Coordination and scheduling of meetings for the Special Project Manager.
- Organization and filing of documents and records for the Mohawk Institute Residential School Phase Three Renovation Project, including historical materials.
- Recording meeting minutes as required.
- Assisting with the creation and implementation of marketing content.
- Proofreading and copyediting.
- Aiding with the preparation of submissions to funding bodies.
- Other Administrative duties as required.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A strong work ethic with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to perform well under pressure and to assess and prioritize workload.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive with the ability to problem solve and anticipate needs.
- Demonstrated professionalism and an understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Ability to embrace and champion change.
- Reliable and able to work independently.
- Ability to handle the public with tact, discretion, and a pleasing personality.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- A Post-Secondary Diploma in Business Administration or Secretarial Arts or Finance related business field and two (2) years work related experience;
- Possess keyboarding speed of 40-60 wpm.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and iCloud applications or willing to learn.
- Experience managing schedules and booking meetings.
- Must pass a police record check.
- Willingness to learn, accept change and adapt to new ideas, business concepts, and cultures.
- Flexible (extra hours may be required on occasion).
IMPACT OF ERROR
Error in judgement may lead to loss of credibility, poor public relations, public confidence and misinformation resulting in embarrassment and potential liability to the Woodland Cultural Centre.
Woodland Cultural Centre serves to preserve and promote Indigenous history, art, language and culture.
Community Members, Contractors, Government Agencies, Council Members, Woodland Cultural Centre Staff, Tourism Partners, Maintenance Contractors, Business Partners, and Vendors.
- This position requires normal physical effort.
- This position requires normal visual/sensory effort.
- This position typically operates in a generally agreeable work environment.
- Mental Stress: There is regular deadline pressure from various sources.
Special Project Manager
All applicants for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references.
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous heritage.
Closing Date: September 3, 2021, at 4:00 pm
If interested, please send a cover letter and resumé with references to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford, ON, N3S 2X2
- Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview
- Police Record Check and copies of education will be required at the time of Offer of Employment
Download Full Job Description