The Woodland Cultural Centre is seeking youth to assist in Marketing, and to help create visual support materials for several different projects and events. This position requires a highly motivated and self-directed individual who is interested in gaining experience in marketing, the creation of visual support materials, social media marketing, basic administration, and expanding their photography portfolio. This position is supervised by the Marketing Coordinator.
· Attend all Woodland events and provide photography
· Help increase Woodland stock photography
· Take photos of all events for social media
· Take photos of all Education activities and programming to expand our online presence
· Take photos for our upcoming republication of our self-guided tour book
· Assist the Marketing Coordinator with other duties, including administrative duties, the creation of marketing materials, and the creation and implementation of online and social media content
· Assist in the implementation of the Marketing Event Campaign
· Occasional front desk reception, welcoming guests as they come in and using the POS
· Be familiar with the Centre’s programs and upcoming events
· Promote a positive image of Woodland Cultural Centre to the community and the public
· Assist in the documentation of Survivor Interviews, Audios and Videos
This position is generously funded by the Pathways to Success Program through the Indigenous Professional Association of Canada. Applicants must be Indigenous youth, and be between the ages of 17-29 at the start of the contract.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants must have access to transportation to Woodland, and access to reliable internet in the case of working remotely.
Applicants shall submit a cover letter, resume, and two references by 4 pm Wed Sept 22, 2021, to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford ON N3S 2X2