Group Visits & Cultural Interpreter
Posting Period: July 27, 2021 – August 9, 2021 @ 4:00p.m.
Position: Group Visits & Cultural Interpreter
Location: Woodland Cultural Centre
Job Status: Contract until March 31, 2022
Hours of Work: 37.5
Under the direction of the Curator, the Group Visits & Cultural Interpreter assumes responsibility for all tour booking requests, scheduling, conducting tours and administrative work necessary for organizing tours and workshops for visitors to the Woodland Cultural Centre in an efficient manner. The Group Visits & Cultural Interpreter will work within the policies and procedures established by the Woodland Cultural Centre.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Handles all booking requests, scheduling and confirmation of tours, workshops and presentations.
• Acting as the main point of contact between the Woodland Cultural Centre and the booking group contact.
• Informs Cultural Interpreters of scheduling changes
• Assists in preparing of workshop materials when needed
• Be ready and able to assist Cultural Interpreters in Education Department workshops
• Books residential school Survivors for all requested events
• Manages invoices for Education
• Works with the Finance Department to process payments
• Keeps Tour Calendar up-to-date
• Maintaining up-to-date Education statistics as well as Education budget
• Other office administration duties as needed
All applicants for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references.
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous heritage.
Closing Date: August 9, 2021 at 4:00 pm
If interested, please send cover letter and resumé with references to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford, ON, N3S 2X2
· Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview
· Police Record Check and copies of education will be required at the time of Offer of Employment