Job Posting: General Maintenance
Job Title: General Maintenance
Posting Period: November 12 to November 26, 2021 @ 4:30 p.m.
Location: Woodland Cultural Centre
Job Status: Contract till March 31, 2022
Wages: $15-$17/hour, 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm)
Reporting to the Buildings and Grounds Maintenance, General Maintenance will perform a range of maintenance and custodial duties, including security, grounds maintenance (grass cutting, snow removal), event set up and take down, mopping, finishing and buffing floors, dusting, vacuuming and shampooing carpets, cleaning and restocking restrooms.
- Performs general, routine maintenance duties for grounds care and building care including dusting, mopping, vacuuming, cleaning restrooms, and restocking paper and soap supplies.
- Conducts security checks for the premises and regularly monitors the buildings and grounds both in person and over closed-circuit camera systems.
- Performs routine maintenance to equipment and supplies and performs cleaning and seasonal functions specific to the assigned facilities.
- Empties trash receptacles, disposes trash into compactors and/or dumpsters, and bags trash for proper disposal.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Assist with snow removal activities and minor maintenance, such as replacing light bulbs, moving furniture, or other similar activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Have experience in maintenance or custodial work.
- Have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, proof of insurance and a cell phone
Applicants shall submit a cover letter, resume, and three references by 4:30 pm November 8, 2021, to:
Administrative Assistant, Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford ON N3S 2X2
519 759-2650 firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants for this position should submit a complete application. Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous heritage. The Woodland Cultural Centre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.