Student Job Posting
Job Title: Fundraising Assistant
Duration: September 23 – December 31 2020, Part time
Wages: $14.00/hour, Contract is 246.5 hours total
The Woodland Cultural Centre is seeking an individual to assist in fundraising and donor management. This position requires a highly motivated individual who is interested in gaining experience in community engagement, partnership development, fundraising strategy, social media marketing, and administration. This position works directly with the Save the Evidence Coordinator and the Special Projects Consultant.
- Assist in all stages of fundraising endeavours, including off-site activities (if any)
- Assist the Save the Evidence Coordinator in updating the database and expanding our partnerships
- Compile all donations and sponsorship records, maintain a digital and paper records management system, and send out acknowledgement letters to donors, sponsors, and funders.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of a fundraising Social Media and Marketing strategy
- Assist in preparations for Orange Shirt Day and our upcoming Survivors Gathering
- Occasional front desk reception, welcoming guests as they come in and using the POS
- Be familiar with the Centre’s programs and upcoming events
- Promote a positive image of Woodland Cultural Centre to the community and the public
- Interest in helping the Woodland Cultural Centre develop and expand community partnerships
- Knowledge of relevant computer software (emphasis on Microsoft Office and Google Drive)
- Good organizational skills, and willing to learn in an office environment
- Reliable access to internet, as this position will have some remote working
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Time management skills, and completion of assigned projects
- Able to work as a team as well as independently
- Experience working on a fundraising campaign would be considered an asset
- A full G licence with reliable access to a vehicle would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of one or more Indigenous Languages would be considered an asset
- Applicants MUST be a full-time student, and be under the age of 25 at the start of the placement
All applicants for this position should submit a current CV or resume, cover letter, and two references.
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous heritage.
If interested, please send cover letter and resumé with references by September 21 2020 to:
Woodland Cultural Centre, 184 Mohawk Street, Brantford, ON N3S 2X2
Attn: Melissa Mt. Pleasant
(519) 759-2650 email@example.com
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted