JOB POSTING: Development Assistant (Maternity Leave)
Posting Period: November 8 – November 22, 2021 @ 4:00p.m.
Position: Development Assistant (Maternity Leave)
Location: Woodland Cultural Centre
Job Status: Contract until June 6, 2023
Hours of Work: 37.5
Hourly Rate: $16.50 – $18.00
Under the direction of the Development Coordinator, the Development Assistant is responsible for assisting the Development Coordinator in the implementation of several fundraising initiatives. This position requires a highly motivated individual who is interested in gaining experience in database management, tracking of donations, development, partnership development, fundraising strategy, social media marketing, and administration. The Development Assistant will work within the policies and procedures established by the Woodland Cultural Centre.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in maintaining our fundraising files and databases
- Assist with major fundraising initiatives like Orange Shirt Day and Giving Tuesday
- Administration related to donor management, including thank you letters and website updates
- Assist in the planning and implementation of fundraising social media and marketing strategy
- Supporting the rollout of third-party fundraising initiatives and programs to encourage greater support for Woodland Cultural Centre.
- Providing support to the development team by updating tracking documents, building reports, and creating presentations.
- Managing the development’s email inbox, responding with professionalism to all inquiries in a timely and thoughtful manner.
***For a full description of the Essential Duties & Responsibilities and Education/Experience, please refer to the attached Job Description for further details***
All applicants for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references.
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous heritage.
Closing Date: November 21, 2021, at 4:00 pm
If interested, please send a cover letter and resumé with references to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford, ON, N3S 2X2
- Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview
- Police Record Check and copies of education will be required at the time of Offer of Employment