Under the direction of the Curator, the Cultural Interpreter assumes responsibility for guiding tours of the Woodland Cultural Centre’s museum, facilitating residential school presentations as well as workshop instruction. The Cultural Interpreter will work within the policies and procedures established by the Woodland Cultural Centre.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Facilitate Museum Education workshops and presentations to the public as requested, which may include craft workshops, traditional music/dance, and sports; individually and cooperatively as needed.
• Conduct guided tours of the Centre; including the museum, art galleries
• Be able to provide outreach presentations and workshops
• Present residential school information sessions
• Preparing craft kits and workshop materials ahead of group visits
• Maintaining workshop materials by keeping inventory up to date and storing in an organized manner
• Familiarizing self with federal and provincial curriculum
All applicants for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references.
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous heritage.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resumé with references to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford, ON, N3S 2X2
- Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview
- Police Record Check and copies of education will be required at the time of Offer of Employment