Reporting to the Executive Director, the Associate Director is responsible for the successful implementation of the Woodland Cultural Centre’s objectives and programs as outlined in Woodland’s Strategic Plan. The individual will possess practical experience in organizational management, program implementation and donor relations. The Associate Director will work closely with the Executive Director in administering all day-to-day operational aspects of the Centre, including the implementation of its program policies, strategy and the development of systems and procedures for the effective implementation of its activities. The Associate Director will work within the policies and procedures established by the Woodland Cultural Centre.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist the Executive Director in the day-to-day operational and strategic management of the Centre.
• Support the development of the internal management policies and procedures.
• Work closely with the Departments in ensuring that expectations are met, and all Centre programs are run in coordination with these stakeholders.
• Support the logistics and organization of the Centre’s meetings and engagements.
• Assist in coordinating outreach and marketing.
• Assist in managing the Centre’s budget and reporting.
• Assist in identifying potential funders and coordinate potential meetings as necessary.
• Coordinate with the Executive Director in ensuring that the submission of new proposals and funding applications are implemented in conjunction with the strategic and fundraising plans.
• Support the process of identifying new partnerships and development of grants and funding applications.
• Serve as the supplementary contact for issues related to the Centre
All applicants for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references.
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous heritage.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resumé with references to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford, ON, N3S 2X2
Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview
Police Record Check and copies of education will be required at the time of Offer of Employment
GET IT BEFORE IT’S GONE!Shop the Woodland Cultural Centre gift shop in-person or online to get this beautiful piece by Six Nations artist, Britty Longboat. Britty is Mohawk nation, Wolf clan from the Six Nations of the Grand River territory. A mother of two and a dental hygienist, she found her love for beading hats while on maternity leave with her son. She started out beading baseball hats and visors and has started beading fedoras.Get this piece before it’s gone! Shop Britty: www.shopwoodlandculturalcentre.ca/product/brittney-britty-longboat-beez-beads-winter-art-fest-202... #OnHeritage #OntarioHistory #Indigenous #IndigenousVoices #IndigenousArt #IndigenousEvents #FirstNations #FN #IndigenousKnowledge #IndigenousCulture #BrantOnt #TruthandReconciliation ... See MoreSee Less