Ǫgwehǫweh/Onkwehonwe Language Centre Media Coordinator
Location: Woodland Cultural Centre, 184 Mohawk Street, Brantford, ON
Position: Ǫgwehǫweh/Onkwehonweh Media Coordinator
Department: Dwadwenaga:dat Language Centre
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Rate of Pay: $18.00 per hour (7.5 hours per day)
Closing Date: October 20, 2021, 4PM
The Woodland Cultural Centre Dwadwenaga:dat Language Centre is seeking one highly motivated individual to assist with: the cataloguing of the Dwadwenaga:dat Language Centre. The resources include paper archives, and audiovisual recordings such as CDs, cassette tapes, reel to reels, and digital files.
The Ǫgwehǫweh/Onkwehonweh Media Coordinator will report directly to the Language & Cultural Coordinator.
Basic Job Description:
- Assist the Language Department with inventory, data-entry, and cataloging the collection
- Digitize paper & audiovisual archival assets
- Assist in the transcription and development of language materials & resources
- Assist with setting up the new Dwadwenaga:dat Language Resource Centre in the Mohawk Institute Building
- Interact with the public in a professional and courteous manner
- Ideal candidates will have familiarity with at least one Ǫgwehǫ:weh language, and/or attend an Ǫgwehǫ:weh language program.
- Familiar with both Mac & PC operating systems, or willing to learn.
- Strong proficiency in Excel and/or experience working with databases.
- Experience in the PastPerfect Museum Software, or willingness to learn.
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills, and strong attention to detail.
- Time management skills, and efficient completion of assigned projects.
- Experience in cataloging, audiovisual editing software, and/or experience with the digitization of analog media are considered assets.
All applicants for this position should submit a cover letter, resume, and three references.
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous heritage.
Closing Date: October 20, 2021 at 4:00 pm
If interested, please send cover letter and resumé with references to:
Woodland Cultural Centre
184 Mohawk Street, Brantford, ON, N3S 2X2
- Only those applicants who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview
- Police Record Check and copies of education will be required at the time of Offer of Employment