Building and Grounds Maintenance
Location: Woodland Cultural Centre
Deadline: March 29, 2022 @ 4:00 PM
- Develops a monthly, quarterly and annual routine which will include shampooing carpets; stripping/waxing/buffing floors; cleaning kitchen and storage areas; cleaning stairways and hallways; cleaning, repairing or replacing windows and doors; repairing or replacing flooring, woodwork and molding; replacing or repairing faucets and toilets; moving furniture and equipment; install and tear down of exhibitions/events
- Routine inspections of facilities and grounds to ensure they meet health and safety standards
- Responsible for daily unlocking and locking of both buildings of the Centre.
- Responsible for daily security check at the end of each day.
- Oversees the lawn and grounds maintenance including flower beds, includes preparing ground for planting, fertilizing, watering and weeding and pruning trees and shrubs as needed.
- Responsible for the maintenance of equipment and inventory necessary to perform all grounds keeping functions.
- Maintains an inventory log of all lawn mowing equipment, grounds equipment and tools.
- Have experience in building maintenance
- Have knowledge of and experience in performing basic plumbing, carpentry, electrical, painting and other maintenance and repair skills
- Must be familiar with Health and Safety regulations as they pertain to a public institution (CPR, First Aid and WHIMIS)
- Be able to communicate effectively
- Have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation and proof of insurance