Woodland Cultural Centre is pleased to announce the return of the annual Indigenous Art 2023 Juried Exhibition.
Established in 1975, this is one of the longest running multi-media exhibitions that provide artists an opportunity to exhibit and sell their work in a fine art gallery setting. Artwork that challenges, celebrates and investigates is encouraged.
The exhibition will be presented both on-site and virtually with a downloadable PDF publication. Artist profiles will be made available through WCC website.
The invitation is open to all emerging, mid-career and established artists (18+) of Indigenous ancestry. Artists may submit up to three works of art. All media will be accepted and works must be original and completed within the last two years. A Guest Curator will adjudicate the submissions.
Types of Submissions:
- Painting in any media (indicate oil, acrylic, watercolour, mixed media etc.)
- Drawings and prints including photographic in any media (indicate graphite, ink, coloured pencil, digital or silver photographic print etc.)
- Sculpture in any media (indicate ceramic, wood, stone, bone etc.)
- Installation (include plans, images, technical requirements and AV equipment)
- Traditionally based works (indicate glass bead, quill, leather etc.)
- Deadline for entry is May 1st, 2023
- Notification for selected artwork will be sent by email by May 15th, 2023
- Delivery of works must be received by May 29th, 2023
- Exhibition dates from July 22nd, 2023 to September 30th, 2023
- Opening Reception July 22nd, 2023 at 2 PM
- Pick-up of works begins week of Monday, October 16th, 2023 to Saturday, December 16th, 2023. [This includes both artist and purchaser]
Only up to THREE works of art may be submitted per artist.
Download the Call for Submission form for more details on how to submit. Digital submissions are accepted until Monday May 1, 2023 at 11:59pm.