Woodland Cultural Centre
Indigenous Art 2021
CALL FOR SUBMISSION
September 11 – November 20, 2021
Woodland Cultural Centre is pleased to announce the return of the annual Indigenous Art 2021 Juried Exhibition.
Established in 1975, this is one of the longest running multi-media exhibitions that provide artists with an opportunity to exhibit and sell their work in a fine art gallery setting. Artwork that challenges, celebrates and investigates is encouraged.
The exhibition will be presented both on-site and virtually with a downloadable PDF publication. Artist profiles will be made available through the WCC website.
The invitation is open to all emerging, mid-career and established artists (18+) of Indigenous ancestry. Artists may submit up to three works of art. All media will be accepted and works must be original and completed within the last two years. A Guest Curator will adjudicate the submissions.
Type of Submissions
- Painting in any media (indicate oil, acrylic, watercolour, mixed media etc.)
- Drawings and prints including photographic in any media (indicate graphite, ink, coloured pencil, digital or silver photographic print etc.)
- Sculpture in any media (indicate ceramic, wood, stone, bone etc.)
- Installation (include plans, images, technical requirements and AV equipment)
- Traditionally based works (indicate glass bead, quill, leather etc.)
- Deadline for entry is Friday, August 6, 2021, by 4:00pm
- Notification for selected artwork will be sent by email by Friday, August 20, 2021
- Delivery of works must be received by Saturday, August 28, 2021
- Exhibition dates from September 11 – November 20, 2021
- Opening Reception Saturday, September 11, 2021 @ 2 pm [pending Covid restrictions, virtual]
- Pick-up of works begins the week of Monday, November 29 – Saturday, December 18, 2020 [this includes both artist and purchaser]
Only up to THREE works of art can be submitted!
Download Submission Forms for More Information
Indigenous Art 2021 Call for Submission Form
Indigenous Art 2021 Art Sale Guidelines
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT IS FRIDAY AUGUST 6TH, 2021 BY 4PM