Location: Woodland Cultural Centre
Deadline: June 24 @ 4:00 pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Cultural Interpreter will lead guided tours of the Woodland Cultural Centre and the Mohawk Institute.
- Present interpretive programs, activities, workshops and other cultural events that will promote an understanding and appreciation of Indigenous culture.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of excellence in the practice, presentation and interpretation of programs, activities, workshops and other programs offered by the Woodland Cultural Centre.
- Will be responsible for preparing supplies for workshops, and educational programs; inventorying and resupply of education kits as needed.
- Maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Contributes to improving the Centre’s cultural resources and educational programs, projects, and procedures with practical ideas, creativity and innovation.
- Must be dependable and exercise good judgement
- Comply with all WCC’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to coordinate, control and organize multiple functions and activities.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Time Management skills, the ability to establish priorities, and meet deadlines efficiently and within stated timelines.
- To work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team, to accomplish the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Must have a pleasant, courteous, professional manner and interact positively with others.
- The ability to communicate clearly, and effectively both verbally and in writing to collect, exchange, and provide information in an accurate and timely manner.
- The ability to sit, stand and or walk for extended periods.
- Have or are willing to obtain a vulnerable sector check.