Join our Team!
The Woodland Cultural Centre is seeking a dynamic, creative and organized individual to
oversee the Education Department at the Woodland Cultural Centre. With thousands of
students visiting the Centre on an annual basis, we require the candidate to have excellent
organization skills, management experience and a passion for educating all about Indigenous
culture, history, art, and the residential school experience.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Education
Coordinator assumes responsibility for the development and delivery of strategic educational
programmes and initiatives related to the history, language, artistic practices and teachings of
OVERVIEW OF REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE: The Education Coordinator shall
● Advanced communication skills.
● Computer literate, self-motivated & highly independent.
● Formalized education and/or a degree in education, museum studies or visual arts
from a recognized post-secondary institution.
● Experience in supervising staff and managing budgets.
● Knowledgeable in Haudenosaunee culture.
● Experience in Indigenous Education programming an asset.
● Experience in networking and public speaking an asset.
● Possessing a language or an artistic background an asset.
All applicants for this position should submit a current CV or resume, cover letter, and three
Preference will be given to applicants of Indigenous ancestry.
Closing date: June 3, 2019
If interested, please send cover letter and resumé with references by Monday, June 3rd to:
Woodland Cultural Centre 184 Mohawk Street Brantford, ON N3S 2X2
Attn: Melanie Fernandez, Interim Executive Director
Note: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.